Download MKV Player for Windows PC from FileHorse. If you have movies or music in this file format, then you can't go wrong with the MKV. If you download online videos on a regular basis, you might have come across an MKV file especially in case you save HD movies. This video format is not as. MKV Player is a simple video player that in principally made for MKV files. This lets you see these types movies automatically with just double click on them.
QUESTIONS ABOUT DOWNLOADING VIDEOS FROM WEB PLAYERSI have downloaded MKV file from web player but when I try to play it, there is no video shown. What should I do?
I cannot play downloaded MKV video. What should I do?
Downloaded MKV video is corrupted. Why does it happen?
Probably this video is not corrupted, but it's compressed with a new VP9 video codec that was released in . Maybe your player does not have this codec, and it cannot play this MKV video correctly.
1. You need to update your player to its latest version. You may just download the latest version of your player and install it over your current version. Note that the version of your player should be released in , or later.
2. You can try our player that supports this MKV codec:
Download FLV Player
3. Also you may download and install a video conversion utility (released in or later) and convert MKV file to MP4, for example.
4. Please note that some sites stream videos in MKV for one set of browsers and in MP4 for other browsers. If you have several browsers installed on your computer like Chrome, FireFox and Internet Explorer, please try to open the same page in another browser, and it's possible that the site will send this video in MP4 format.
5. Also Video web sites started to send some videos as two separate files (webm and m4a) to Chrome browser only.
We can combine these files only into MKV file. If you want to have MP4 you need to use another browser or some video format converter.
Probably this file uses some new codec and your media player does not support it. Please update your media player to the latest version.
If you use inbuild Windows media player, you need to install latest k-lite codec pack:
It has a complete set of new video codecs to play all types of videos.